
Our theme and tip this week is look at Depth of Field. Now, this is where things begin to get a bit complicated, but let's have a go anyway!
Basically, 'depth of field' appears when a part of your photo is in focus, and the rest is blurry. The 'in focus' bit is the 'depth of field' i.e. how much is in focus.
If you have a DSLR or bridge camera, turn to 'aperture' mode and get that f stop down low! If you're using a compact camera, have a look and see whether you have an 'aperture' mode - many compacts these days do! And if you don't have that option, all is not lost ...
I loved this challenge and here is another one I took on a recent walk - I love only getting part of the subject in focus.
1 comment:
Does "aperture mode" have a symbol? I know I should RTFM. I can never understand things from the manual I always "get" things when someone tells me.
Post a Comment