Wednesday, 15 February 2012

46/365+1 : Bloom

No flowers here on Valentines Day - hubby knows I wouldn't really thank him for them. I do like flowers and think they are pretty - but always find cut flowers in a vase a bit sad. I would much rather see flowers growing in my garden - like these grape hyacinths. My Nan always had these growing in her garden - and they remind me of her.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful color, Jo !

Totty Teabag said...

What a beautiful shade of blue they are! I have wild muscari growing on the bottom bancale, but they are a very dark blue and much smaller.

Unknown said...

These are so pretty. My mil has a huge basket of them flowering in her lounge at the moment and they are beautiful- but they set off an early hayfever session for me!!!!

Unfortunately the recent frosty spell saw off everything that had flowered early in the garden.

Anonymous said...

lovely colour in your photo

KathiJo said...

I know what you mean, they remind me of my auntie who was a keen gardener but boy, she had some old fashioned plants.. do you remember London Pride, a blanket of mossy stuff with tall tiny flowers!

Alison Roots said...

We usually have loads of these in the garden but so far this year we have none.

Kristina said...

Great photo! Blue flowers are adorable.

viv said...

They are alovely variety of Muscari. my mum and dad had the darker version on their rockery.

cookcreateread said...

These are beautiful Jo, and a fabulous shot as always!