
Had a day at home today - furthest I ventures was to Tesco and Woolworth's (to pick up more free Lego!)
Got my Women's Institute cookbook out again and this time had a go at "Milky Fruit Cake" The addition of evaporated milk makes the cake really moist - it looks like Christmas cake, it smells like Christmas cake and it tastes like it too! Its easier to make than a traditional Christmas cake so I think this might be what I will do this year as I don't think I will have a lot of spare time between packing and cleaning!!
3 comments:
Ohhhh yummy!
You make me hungry each time you bake a cake! It looks scrummy, i love x-mas cake, but i always pick off the icing though!!
Rach x
You will have to give me the recipe for this one Jo!! I think Christmas cake might be a tad hard to get hold of out here!! And you got snow already? Nope, not missing that a bit!! LOL
Post a Comment