Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Please myself


Thats what I have been able to do today as I am home alone. I had a pre march out inspection this morning so yesterday I cleaned the house from top to bottom - imagining that the chap would actually want to have a look around. No - all he did was stand in the kitchen and ask me a few questions. As we have lived here for nearly 8 years we don't have to redecorate or clean carpets or anything which is a bonus!

So the upshot of all that hardwork is that there is no dreaded chores to do today. So instead I had a go at the weekly challenge over on UKS. Used up some of an old Scrapagogo kit from August last year - I love these Kelly Pannaci papers but never really knew what to do with them but I am pleased with the end result. All that this LO needs is for Sam to do some journalling on it when he gets home from school.

I'm off now to curl up in the chair and read my book. Thats the life!!

11 comments:

Kerry said...

Fab layout. I love those time on your own days with no guilt about housework etc. They don't happen very often in my house.

mandijane said...

I never got around to using that kit.....but you've used it to the max.....
I dont get time on my own days...that's why getaway is such a treat

mandijane said...

Yikes..third attempt at leaving a comment....do I get a strike and out.....
FAB LO...I never got around to using that kit...it's still in the cupboard....

Laura said...

hey...I have hopped over from the blog-a-thon, but I recognise your blog! I think I have found you before via scrapagogo thread!

I love your LO, I completely adored that kit! It was my first ever gogo!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Isn't it great when you get an unexpected day to yourself! Love the LO and the fact that he is doing the journalling!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Great idea for the weekly challenge - love it!

Claire said...

Fab LO, and great idea!

Jay said...

I remember the dreaded march out very well. How is it you always leave the house spotless and the one you go to is minging?
I love the LO, if your DS is anything my my DD's you'll be waiting ages for the journalling. LOL

Jazzy1972 said...

Ah the peace, don't you just love it! Great lo too

Jay x

Unknown said...

Fab LO - I have that scrappagogo kit too .... nope I have n't used mine yet either LOL

Claire said...

I remember the march outs - my family are former RAF. My colleague at work came from Elgin through the RAF too...

Hugs