Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Weekly Challenge

The weekly challenge over on UK Scrappers is set by the Paper Addicts team and is as follows:

welcome to our challenge, we have had great fun setting it so i hope you enjoy doing it

In honour of our group member Rak's new baby girl Sophia we would like you to scrap about something new. This can be anything new, a member of your family, something new for your house/garden or something we are all guilty of.....something new for our crafting. So come on and own up, what have you bought?

We would like you to use something old in your layout, papers, embellies, brads etc.

Last of all we would like circles in your lo. These can be anything circular, buttons, brads, just plain circles if you wish.

So,
something new 10pts
something old 10pts
use circles 10pts.



Here is my take on the challenge and it is a scraplift of a LO by Tanya Tahir in the Scrapbook Inspirations Ideas Book 2. The original is stunning and I don't think I have done it justice - but I didn't have all the supplies used so had to improvise.





The something new is the Basic Grey Origins papers which I bought on my recent (and first but not the last) trip to Simply Create in Alford. The strips of papers have been punched with my Fiskars Threading Water punch and then layered to produce a slightly 3D effect.




The something old is my trusty Autumn Leaves swirly stamps - I think these were one of the very first set of stamps I bought when I started scrapping several years ago.




My circle is the frame around the photo which I have embellished with punched flowers and leave and a bit of bling.





I am really pleased with how it has turned out - in fact I think it is one of my favourite ever pages. The photo is of Callum - caught in a rare quiet moment - whilst on holiday last month in the Western Isles.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love it Jo, stunning.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous LO