Saturday, 7 August 2010

Speyside Stages

The Gleaner Oil and Gas Speyside Stages rally returned for its annual visit to Moray - with the first stage being a spectator one round Cooper Park in Elgin.

123 cars has to complete 2 circuits of the park before heading off down the A96 for the forest stages.

A great opportunity to get closer to the cars - and I do confess to being a secret girl racer and I have a feeling I enjoyed it more than the boys!!

Loved being able to photograph a totally different subject matter than normal although with the amount of people in the park (and all the park paraphernalia such as benches getting in the way) it was difficult to get a good vantage point.

I love the speed and noise of the faster cars but for me a proper rally car is an old Escort and there were plenty of them about as well as the odd Talbot Sunbeam and even an old Vauxhall Chevette!!
















But my favourite car of the day had to be this old Leyland Mini 1275 GT - and I think his co driver must have been his son.



Put a few stickers on my little blue Fiesta - and that could be me!!!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great photos Jo! from one petrol head to anotherLOL!

Linda said...

So THAT's why Elgin High St was so quiet on Saturday afternoon. We came in to town briefly late on Saturday and it was like a ghost town.

Flighty said...

That all brings back a few fond memories as I owned a Mini 1275GT at one time, although I never got to rally it! Flighty xx