Thursday, 26 August 2010

A first

For the very first time I have entered one of my photographs into a competition. It is for the BBC Countryfile Photographic Competition 2010 .

The theme is A Moment of Magic, and you can interpret that anyway you wish, as long as your photo captures a magical moment that makes the rest of us wish we’d been there to see it.

Photographs must have the countryside or natural world at their heart, and can feature landscapes, people, British wildlife (plants and animals), farmyard animals or countryside activities, but no pets or garden plants please. And do state if the images are of British wildlife in captivity.


I have chosen 2 photos that I took on our visit to the Isle of Skye last year - and one of them I love so much I use it as my blog header.

Given the standard of last years entries I know I don't stand much chance.

5 comments:

Ladkyis said...

You don't know until you try. Just the fact that you have sent them is fantastic, I wish you lots of luck

helena said...

congratulations for believing in yourself and entering - you are one of my fav photographers on blogland - fingers crossed.

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh go for it, it is you don't try you will wish you had. Good luck :-)

jennyfreckles said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! You won't win unless you enter, that's for sure.

furrypig said...

Wishing you good luck, I adore so many of your photographs I really hope you do well as you so deserve it! I would have any of them up on my wall!