Sunday, 29 June 2008

Teachers presents.


Its that time of year again - the last week of term starts tomorrow. I don't really agree with buying teachers presents at the end of the year - isn't that what they get paid for??? We never used to do it when we were at school.

Last year I made them something for the first time - little metal buckets decorated and filled with sweeties. This year it was done on a shoestring budget. The wooden notepad holders were out of WHSmiths and reduced to 49 pence each and the notebooks ate the 10 pence value ones from Asda!! The only other things I used was one 1/2 inch Bind It All wire, a sheet of pink Bazzill and some scraps of Making Memories Noteworthy papers and flowers from an old GoGo kit and a bit of pink ribbon. Used Paper Salon sentiment stamp and a tree and bird stamp by Pink Paislee.

Hope they like them.

12 comments:

Charlol said...

That is such a lovely present. I am sure the teachers would prefer something like that anyhow which is useful. I work in a school and would rather handmade card and stuff like you have made 150% more than what is bought for us. Not to seem ungrateful but the thought is there with gifts like you have made!!! They'll love it! Like you said I am sure we didn't buy stuff for teachers like it is now.

Jay said...

Gorgeous, I wish I worked in your children's class!

Unknown said...

What fab presents. I think us school secretaries would love those too! lol Deb x

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Lucky teachers! I'm with Charlol - a homemade gift is very special. Love wooden note blocks.

lindschick said...

These are gorgeous. The teachers are going to love them. I'm sure handmade cards and gifts make a really nice change.

Unknown said...

Jo - I agree with the sentiment as to whether we should be buying presents every year, but these are a fab idea!!!

Paige said...

Lovely end of year pressies!!! I wish it was our end of year we still have three weeks left!!!
The note paper holders are lovely!!!!

x Rachel x said...

lovely gifts Jo, i'm sure the teachers will love them, :)

valerie said...

these are fantastic Jo

Unknown said...

A great idea for presents.

elliemook said...

Those are beautiful. I'd love to get a handmade gift like that, so much more personal x

Sarah Louise said...

Loverly Jo, i cant see why they wouldnt like them