So after another 2 circuits of the park yesterday afternoon I took my camera over to the waters edge. The swan family were out in the middle of the water - too far away to get any decent shots of the babies. But as it was a lovely sunny afternoon (and I was knackered!) I sat down for a while. After about 10 minutes I was rewarded with the family swimming over - probably wondered if the woman with a sweaty red face was actually OK!!!
They have 7 babies - and I had to back away a bit when the parents came closer - don't trust swans as they always seem to have an evil look about them!
Took a photo of Mr Duck so he didn't get left out!
The parents spent quite a lot of time chasing away the ever present vermin that are the seagulls. But it meant I could get some closer shots of the babies - and just soooooooo cute!
4 comments:
makes we want to break out in 'there once was an ugly duckling'. The cygnets are lovely and great shots of them.
How lovely! I know what you mean about the mummy and daddy swans though, they are very protective of their babies and it sounds like you didn't have the energy to make any fast getaways after your jogging!
Beautiful photos. I went to a local water park this week - as my husband had seen a family of goslings the day before that he knew I'd love. He just didn't expect me to want to spend as long as i did with them!
Great shots Jo and a nice way to relax after your run.
Post a Comment