Sunday, 30 May 2010

The Good Life

Well maybe not quite - but I do have a sense of longing when I pass an allotment site.

The raised veggie beds now have device to stop next doors cats from using them as toilet - even if it does look like it was designed by Heath Robinson! My makeshift wood and wire frame is my spoils from being a skip rat down at the local recycling centre. I had spotted a piece of wood sticking out of the skip which I thought would come in handy - as I tried to retrieve it I spotted part of what I think was a rabbit or guinea pig hutch. Luckily due to my work with the environmental protection department of the local council I knew some of the lads that work down there so it was soon in the boot of the car. It couldn't be recycled due to the wire on it so it was headed for the landfill site - so I have done my bit for the enviroment!!!





The leeks that we bought from the local market are now in the ground and look as though they have taken well.























Much excitement when we saw the beans coming up (although I had looked the previous day and what was the actual seed pod I had mistaken for a dead and dried up slug.





















And I think we will have more than enough brocolli!!!!

1 comment:

crabbielloyd said...

Well done, your garden is certainly taking shape now that you've got the bug! Love to you all, Mum xxxx