Monday, 29 December 2008

Another brass monkey day!






But that doesn't keep us indoors - we are made of stronger stuff! It was minus seven when I got up this morning and has dipped that low again this evening - I think it was about 1 or 2 degrees when Sam and I went for a walk around Millbuies lake.

Much to Sam's delight the whole lake - except for the small bit where we found the duck sitting - was frozen solid. No matter how hard he threw stones - or however big they were he couldn't penetrate the ice. The noise that the stones made as they hit the ice was quite spooky - a bit like reverberating metal.

Sam took my old camera with him - and seemed to have fun taking photos of everything that moved - and a lot of things that didn't!! The next Ansel Adams maybe??

On the way home we were treated to the sight of a buzzard making a kill. And where was my camera - in the boot of the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a happy and beautiful new year with your nice family!
( I wish to you from Hungary, cause I like your blog, love Scotland, I used to live in Edinburgh, but I had strong homesick, I came home, and now I miss Scotland:)

voodoo vixen said...

Whoa... that looks a bit nippy Jo!!
Lovely pics though, as per usual! ;)