Monday, 28 June 2021

The Girl Who Couldn't Leave by Catherine Miller

 



She’s too afraid to leave her house. But is she brave enough to let someone in?

Fiona Dexter hasn’t gone outside in five years.

She knows she’ll never sit on a beach to watch the sunset,
or share a meal with her family at the friendly café around the corner,
or even fall in love.

Then one day, her neighbour, single mother Bethany, shows up on her doorstep holding two-year-old Evie.

Bethany needs help and soon Fiona starts to remember how it feels to be close to other people. Once she’s felt the warmth of Evie’s hugs and danced her socks off with Bethany, can Fiona face the secrets of her past and live again?

This hopeful and heart-warming read will remind you that life continues no matter where you are, and opening the door is the first step on the way back to happiness. Fans of Jojo Moyes, Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain will love this emotional and uplifting story.





What did I think?

First up - what an enticing cover. I am afraid I am one of those folk who is swayed by an attractive cover. You might have written the most amazing book - but if the cover doesn't grab me then I am far less likely to pick it up.
The blurb sounded intriguing - was interested to know why Fiona couldn't or wouldn't leave her won house.
This was a delightful heartwarming story - one that matched the lovely cover. It was a story of love, of friendship and of overcoming obstacles that are put in our way. An emotional but light read that I would recommend.
My puzzle is why have I not heard of this author before. I had a quick squizz on Fantastic Fiction and to my surprise saw some familiar titles. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Author Bio:

 


When Catherine Miller became a mum to twins, she decided her hands weren’t full enough so wrote a novel with every spare moment she managed to find. By the time the twins were two, Catherine had a two-book deal with Carina UK. Her debut novel, Waiting For You, came out in March 2016. 

Catherine was a NHS physiotherapist, but for health reasons she retired early from this career. As she loved her physiotherapy job, she decided if she couldn’t do that she would pursue her writing dream. It took a few years and a couple of babies, but in 2015 she won the Katie Fforde bursary, was a finalist in the London Book Fair Write Stuff Competition and highly commended in Woman magazine’s writing competition. Since then she’s had four novels published.

 

https://www.instagram.com/katylittlelady/

https://twitter.com/katylittlelady

 

Buy Links:

Amazon: https://bit.ly/3gHr3gS

Apple: https://apple.co/3f28PWy

Kobo: https://bit.ly/2QSpg




No comments: