Saturday, 11 June 2016

Netgalley



I am a little behind with my Netgalley reads but I have to say the last couple have been right corkers.

I love Carole Matthews and over the years I have read most if not all of her books.

The Chocolate Lovers' are a series of 4 books and here are my reviews of the latest 2:



Chocolate Lovers' Christmas was a light read but Lucys plans (and she has plenty of them) all got a little far fetched and slightly spoilt this book for me. I did read the book just after Christmas whilst I was still in the festive spirit but the tooing and froing between Lucy and her ex Marcus irritated me  I am afraid. Not a lot happened in this book which makes me think (as other have) that it was just a filler before the next book.



So it was with a little trepidation that I started the latest one - The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding. But I am glad to say Carole is back on form and this book was a real page turner. It was great to catch up with the girls again and follow their lives as another chapter opens. I won't spoil the storyline other than to say the book made me laugh, it made me cry and it left me wanting more.

The other books in the series are:

The Chocolate Lovers' Club
The Chocolate Lovers' Diet
The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas.



I read Dear Thing by Julie Cohen a little while ago but the story has stayed with me. Surrogacy isn't a popular topic in womens literature and I did start to wonder where the author was going to go with it. But I shouldn't ave worried as the book is beautifully written and the characters are really brought to life (even if I couldn't really warm to Claire.) I would definately recommend this book.

I would like to thank the authors, the publishers and Netgalley for my copies of the books in exchange for honest reviews.  

No comments: