This wasn't my chosen photo for this week but earlier this evening I got an aurora alert. So quickly put jean and a fleece on over my pyjamas - grabbed my camera and tripod (and youngest son) and headed out down the coast.
This is the first time I have ever seen the Northern Lights and to be honest I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was amazing - even if I didn't manage to capture all the bright colours in the sky.
It's late now but I am off to bed with a smile on my face - and a hot water bottle!
Pop over to the Skywatch blog to see more skies from around the world.
9 comments:
Magic
Oh, how fun! You and your son had an adventure well worth leaping up and throwing on warmer clothes for, I have only seen them once in my life they are memorable to say the least.
Congratulations of the photos they are lovely!
Sweet that you shared this with your child!!! Thanks for sharing.
Subtle skies - so lovely.
Wonderful shots of the northern light. I got the aurora alarm too, but it was completely covered with clouds overhere. About 50 miles tot the northwest of my hometown it was visible ...
All I could see was some green, trees were getting in the way. I was hoping tonight might be a repeat and I could get the camera out x
How wonderful to see them. I saw them in Cumbria when I was a young girl ( many years ago) and have hoped to see them again since.
How wonderful Jo… I have always wanted to see them for with my own eye but haven't yet… so good to see them through yours though!
Wow, you are so lucky to have seen them x
Post a Comment