Wednesday, 2 January 2013

WOYWW #187

Happy New Year.

No crafting on my desk today (in my defence I did actually make something yesterday for a new year long project I am playing along with but I will share that another day) - and there is a logical reason why my slippers are on my desk today!

These slippers have seen better days and are no longer very comfy - but I couldn't just throw them in the bin with those buttons still attached - could I? Only a crafter would look at them and think that the buttons need to be removed and stored for a future crafting project - or maybe that is just me!!





Hopefully there will be some crafty goings ons on my desk in the near future - the holiday have meant that my room has had a good tidy up and declutter and hubby put up some more shelving for me (before the old ones collapsed under the weight of assorted "stuff"

Please pop over and see Julia and see what everyone else has been up to today.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

LOL someone after my own heart ..I made hubby and daughter dissect there christmas crackers so I could get the ribbons/bows and subconsciously I'm sure that's why I bought them.. I'm always looking at things thinking what can I do with that !!! I hope to see the button creation soon ! best wishes for 2013 Andrea #9

Erika said...

Happy New Year Jo, I too take things off if I can use them else where especially embellishments.
Hope you had a good NY and here's to a creative 2013!
Hugs Erika.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh yeah, the 'stuff'...it's heavy, man!! Love the de buttoning...I do not too..specially the cost of big buttons is silly, so a necessary action!

okienurse said...

great idea to cut the buttons off the old shoes. Recycle and reuse is my mantra! Hope you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year! Look forward to your posts in 2013! Vickie #17

Ladkyis said...

I had a grandmother and mother who lived through a war so we have always saved everything and re-used them somehow. Sometimes even with their original purpose and sometimes in lots of different ways

Borqna said...

Happy New Year Jo!
Good luck!

April said...

Very cute shoes - I hope you get more wear out of them. April #133