Last month I was organised and made notes as I went along for my Month In Numbers - but this month I haven't written down a thing - and the notebook has been on my desk the whole time so I have no excuse.
Just the one train trip through to Aberdeen to the orthodontist with youngest son - and after only wearing the blessed contraption for ten months the orthodontist told him he should only have another six months to go. He still isn't happy about it but knowing that it should be off by his thirteenth birthday is definately a sweetener.
I have read seven books this month - the best one being The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani. Unlike Julie I do seem to incur overdue charges on my library books on a regular basis - but then I do have 2 library tickets on the go!!
I baked cookies for the first ever time - sixteen in total and even though I say so myself they were delicious - just like the ones you buy from the supermarket.
On the cooking theme I made pancakes for the very first time - they were a success - in fact I think the term "better than dads" was mentioned. Result.
Hubby went on a whistlestop tour of the Far East with work and in the space of a week visited four different countries - Singapore, Malaysia Hong Kong (again) and Taiwan. This is a panorama of Singapore waterfront.
I walked seven miles and just over 2500 feet up a big hill last weekend in the snow - a fantastic sense of achievement when I finally reached to top. Ascent and descent took just over 3 1/2 hours.
Weight loss was a bit dismal during February - several weeks staying the same, then losing a bit and putting it back on - total weight loss for the entire month was 2 pounds - must try harder in March.
Please pop over and say hello to Julie and see everyone elses month in numbers.
6 comments:
What an interesting assortment of numbers - from the very domestic to the the exotic and international. I can't believe you've never made cookies before!
Rinda
great view from the top - and must have felt fabulous to reach the top. Love the singapore waterfront and the cookies look scrummy
There's a lovely set of views in here - from home + abroad.
The dangerous thing about all your baking experiments is that when you haven't any biscuits in the house .. you know know you can make them!
I've added your post to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/
Thanks for joining me - happy March!
Julie :-)
Love that you've had some cooking and baking success this month along with your usual reading ones! Would love to have walked up the hill with you for that view. I'm sure it would have taken longer if I was with you though.
Wow got a couple of firsts there, cookies and pancakes... I love store bought cookies, so I must try making them! :) Are you going to share the recipe?
Hope to see you next month!
Wow got a couple of firsts there, cookies and pancakes... I love store bought cookies, so I must try making them! :) Are you going to share the recipe?
Hope to see you next month!
Post a Comment