Monday, 4 March 2013

It's Monday. What Are You Reading?


Welcome to It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm reading Home Front by Kristin Hannah. I have been waiting for it to come into the library for ages after enjoying Night Road so much.


From a distance, Michael and Jolen Zarkades seem to have it all: a solid dependable marriage, exciting careers and children they adore. But after twelve blissful years together, the couple has lost their way. They are unhappy and edging towards divorce. Then an unexpected deployment tears their already fragile family apart, sending one of them deep into harm's way and leaving the other at home, caring for the children and waiting for news. When the worst happens, each must face their darkest fear and fight for the future of their family. An intimate look at the inner landscape of a disintegrating marriage and a dramatic exploration of the price of war. Home Front is a provocative and timely portrait of hope, honour, loss, forgiveness - and the elusive nature of love. 

Her latest book is just as good as the previous one - I don't want to put it down. I am now on the hunt for some of her earlier titles which my library doesn't have. It looks as though many of them are only available in the US (my mother in law is popping over to Atlanta in a couple of week so I may have to send her a little shopping list for Barnes and Noble!!) I have had a quick look on Amazon and some of them are available but they aren't cheap.

pop over to The Book Journey and see what everyone else is reading today.

3 comments:

Marce said...

I love Kristin Hannah, great consistent author, her new one comes out soon also, April I believe.

Night Road is my favourite so far and Firefly Lane.

Put the Christmas one your list this year also, Comfort and Joy I believe is the title.

Have a great week.

Lindsey said...

Kristin Hannah is one of those authors I am always meaning to read. I'm glad that you enjoy her books so much!

Have a wonderful week. :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I know it's almost time for the next Monday - but I did finish The 19th Wife (interesting subject; could have used an editor) and now I'm back to The Art of Fielding.
Rinda