Friday, 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding

I think it is nice that our country has a Royal Family and all the tradition that it represents - but to be honest that is as far as my interest goes.

I have watched a bit of the build up to the ceremony on the TV this morning (hard to avoid it whatever station you tune in to.) It brought back some memories for Andy - way back to July 23rd 1986 when, as a very young RAF apprentice, he took part in the route lining for the wedding procession. He was telling me about practicing on Horseguards Parade and where abouts he stood - seems like such a long time ago.

I like the official engagement portrait of the couple taken by Mario Testino.
























But the one thing I feel about today is that it is such a shame that his mother isn't there to see him get married - she would have been so proud of both of her boys. The same photogrpaher - and another stunning portrait.























This part of Scotland has escaped wedding fever - I have only seen two small bits of bunting and one decorated shop window. But at the end of the day it is a bonus day off work - so I'm not complaining!!

1 comment:

JO SOWERBY said...

i agree and i am loving the wedding as we speak,
Jo xxxxx