Monday, 18 April 2011

It's Monday. What Are You Reading?


















It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! D This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I picked up Carole Matthews latest book in the library a few weeks back but it has sat untouched on my bedside table after I read some dodgy reviews about it (why do I do that? - I should read the book first and make up my own mind.) But I am really enjoying it and finding it hard to put down.

What do you do when there's nothing left to lose? Lily and Laurence Lamont-Jones had it all: lavish holidays in exotic locations, a top private school for their two children and a beautiful home in the Buckinghamshire countryside. Then Laurence loses his job, and their house and all their belongings are repossessed. With nowhere else to go, the family move into a flea-ridden council house on a notoriously rough estate and start to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. But will Lily's dream of returning to a world of luxury ever come true - or have her priorities changed? For with the help of new friends, a little luck and a lot of determination she's about to learn what really matters.
























Next on my list are A Season To Remember by Shelia O'Flanagan - I do like this author and love a good story set in Ireland.
























I have also picked up from the library (the teenage section!) the first in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I have avoided reading the Twilight books - mainly because everyone and his dog has read them along with the True Blood and Vampire Diaries - even though I appear to have a majority of them sitting on my shelves. So I will give this one a go and see what I think.























Please pop over and see Shelia at The Book Journey to see what everyone else is reading this week.

5 comments:

heather said...

All of your books sound interesting!

Heather said...

Hi Jo thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog :) I've been following yours since the first BFS so its nice to have you following me too! xx

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Hi Jo! I do it too... I think I want to read something then see a bad review and think twice..... good grief, as book bloggers we should know better ;)

pussreboots said...

I'm reading a mixture of homework and manga this week. Come see what I'm reading.

Deb said...

Oh, I love talking about books. I've just read The Red Tent (a book club choice) which I loved (although another member hated it). Currently reading latest Joanna Trollope (The Other Family I think). Enjoyable and easy, just perfect for the child-filled Easter hols.