
I am trying to work my way through my pile of library books before I go on holiday - otherwise I might end up coming home to some hefty overdue fines!!!
I requested a copy of the latest book by Dorothy Koomson from the library - the only other book of hers that I have read is The Ice Cream Girls which I thoroughly enjoyed - and read most while we were camping on the Isle of Lewis last year.
Libby has a nice life with a gorgeous husband and a big home by the sea. But over time she is becoming more unsure if Jack has ever loved her ? and if he is over the death of Eve, his first wife. When fate intervenes in their relationship, Libby decides to find out all she can about the man she hastily married and the seemingly perfect Eve. Eventually Libby stumbles across some startling truths about Eve, and is soon unearthing more and more devastating family secrets. Frightened by what she finds and the damage it could cause, Libby starts to worry that she too will end up like the first woman Jack loved...Tense and moving, The Woman He Loved Before explores if the love you want is always the love you need ? or deserve.
Really don't want to put this one down.

Next on the list is a YA book - Witch and Wizard:The Gift by James Patterson. I originally got the first book of the series out of the library for my eldest son - but ended up reading it myself! I like to mix up my reading material so I am not always reading the same sort of stuff and hoping this is as good as the first.
Ever since Whit and Wisty Allgood were torn from their home and family in the middle of the night, the soldiers of the New Order government have relentlessly tried to capture and execute them for 'collusion, conspiracy, and experimentation with the dark and foul arts'. But this supremely skilled witch and wizard have instead boldly spearheaded the fight against the cruel and brutal regime. The villainous leader of the New Order is just a breath away from the ability to control the forces of nature and to manipulate his citizens on the most profound level imaginable - through their minds. There is only one more thing he needs to triumph in his evil quest: the Gifts of Whit and Wisty Allgood. And he will stop at nothing to seize them.
6 comments:
I loved the Dorothy Koomson book.
I'm still trying to plod through my library books aswell- most are new releases, just can't read them fast enough!
The woman he loved...sounds good..i m putting it in my TBR pile!:)
Great post, i really enjoyed reading it!:)
I am ur new follower!:)
Komz
http://komzreviews.blogspot.com/
This is the second blog that mentions Dorothy Koomson today - I have not read her but sounds like I should :)
i am doing really well now with ''the crimson petal and the white''. i'm loving the story so far. the writing is very evocative and the research into victorian england seems exceptional.
Jo xxx
Hiya! Stopping by from BFS, u have a gr8 blog and some AMAZING pictures! :)
That's an interesting thought, isn't it - the love you want and the love you need? Mmm..
Post a Comment