Thursday, 21 April 2011

52 Card Challenge - Week 12

I know - I'm behind - but where is the fun with being up to date with everything??

This weeks challenge over on the Paper and Ribbons blog was stickers, bright colours and unisex. The papers and stickers I have had since I first started scrapping and I think they are by creative Imaginations - but as you can see it isn't a unisex card.

There is a good reason for this as soon it will be winging it's way down south when my new nephew arrives. And through the wonders of the world wide web (isn't Facebook a wonderful place ♥) I have just found out that my brother's partner is in labour as I type (contractions every 5 minutes!!) so hopefully sooner rather than later (for her sake!) we will har some happy news. I wanted to stear clear of the more typical baby colours for this card so I hope it will be well recieved.
























And here is my winning wedding card from my local crop at the weekend. I did the same design back in October for the wedding of a couple of friends and liked the design. This time I was brave and had a go at heat embossing for the first time. I had bought a second hand heat gun last year but had never used it - after a trip to my local shop for local people I was kitted out with some embossing powder and full instructions from Kate. After some not to successful attempts and a sock filled with talc (as recommended by the very helpful girls over on UKS - it helps to reduce the static so the powder doesn't stick where it isn't supposed to!)I am please with the result and will be trying this technique again.



4 comments:

mjmaterazo said...

great cards! i really love the bird one. maryjo (from bfs) http://maryjomaterazo.typepad.com/

Denise said...

Hi Jo- just catching up pn posts -I've been away since the blog hop. Lovely cards x

Jenny said...

Great cards, especially love the wedding card. Blk & Kraft go well together:)
Jenny x

Debbie H said...

Ooh I espesh like the second one!!