Sunday, 7 April 2013

Weekly Challenge

Leaving it till the last minute but after this mornings walk I fwlt like sitting down to s spot of crafting.

This weeks challenge was as follows:

Hello and welcome to the East Kilbride Crop challenge.
We find that using a sketch helps kick start our mojos so for 10 points we would like you to use the sketch below.
We love playing around with paints or inks so for 5 points use these on your layouts
We also love using masks/stencils or cutting templates so for 10 points use either of these please
Finally for the last 5 points use either some washi tape or ribbon on your layout"





I failed on using a mask. I have 2 Mister Huey's masks and 2 mists which have sat unused for ages - and after today's attempt I'm not sure I will be using them again for quite a while. There must be a knack to not making them look like something a primary school child has completed - but I certainly don't have it.

I used the sketch which I loved and used my inks to stamp - and then forgot about the ribbon!




The photo is of my brother in law and brand new sister in law (they got married in Atlanta on Friday - and I'm still waiting to see a photo or two) on a very cold and windy walk along Lossie mouth on Christmas Day 2011. Think we were all sand blasted that day.

No comments: