I am enjoying my few days off work - today I managed to fit in, around the chores, some crafting, lunch out with my boys and some baking. Well it's not a proper day off if I don't bake - yesterday it was skinny lemon and blueberry muffins from The Hairy Dieters. Today, inspired by Paul Hollywood's TV programme, I have made bread from scratch. I have made it before from a packet mix but thats no quite the same thing I don't think. It was far easier than I thought it was going to be - although not ure 10 minutes kneading is particularly therapeutic.
My dough went from this
To this
Into the tin
And out of the oven
It is what you might call up here as "well fired" (slightly overdone aka burnt) but that's how I like it and I have to say it it absolutely delicious even if it isn't good for the diet.
1 comment:
Love these photos Jo!
Rinda
Post a Comment