Friday, 12 April 2013

Skywatch Friday



Another photo heavy post I'm afraid.



On Sunday we walked from Hopeman to Lossiemouth which is just over 6 miles. We started off in the sleet and snow wondering if it was such a good idea but it soon brightened up. The walk forms part of The Moray Coast Trail and it wasn't an easy a walk than I thought - quite up and down and a bit muddy in places. But the spectacular views from the coast path more than made up for it - as well as walking across an almost deserted beach.

Enjoying the view:


The old coastguards watch tower - no longer used by the coastguard but by the WDCS which are based further up the coast at Spey Bay:


Stunning rock formations including a sea stack:


An almost deserted beach:



Rocks on the beach sculpted by the sea - they look like what I imagine the surface of the moon to look like:


The now disused Covesea Lighthouse:


Final view out to sea before we walked back to the car:


Pop over to the Skywatch blog to see more skies from around the world.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely photos!! I love beaches and scenery like that! Sarah x

Shazza said...

looks lovely Jo x