Saturday, 16 February 2013

A scrappy Saturday

For some reason I woke up at the crack of dawn today - I do vaguely remember hearing my phone beep some time during the night - a text from hubby at 4am (he has been in the Far East for a week and is struggling to remember what day it is let alone work out the time difference!!)

So I made a cup of tea and make a start on Shimelles latest Scrapbook Starting Point that I had seen the previous evening. Earlier in the week I was looking through a box of older photos and found loads I now want to scrap - including this gorgeous one of Callum taken several years ago during a walk on a local beach. Then I found a bag of scraps of October Afternoon papers left over from previous projects - different collections but they all seem to go together - and this is what I came up with. You can see Shimelles original blog post here.





The alphabet stickers are by Doodlebug (I didn't realise till the other day that this company is still alive and kicking - their papers were some of the very first I bought when I started this hobby.) The leaf is a Stampin Up die.

Then I had a look at this weeks challenge over on UKS - this week it is to use the colour green, use at least 2 pearls and a quote by Shakespeare. I usually avoid quotes on my pages as they often seem a bit contrived - but I did a Google search and came up with "Off with his head" which is from King Richard III, Act III, Scene IV. It fitted my photos of the boys perfectly. They were taken at Urquhart Castle on the banks of Loch Ness back in 2008 - their cousins had come over from the US and they had all met up for the very first time. Luckily they all got on like a house on fire but some ill advised adult bought them all a plastic sword each!! I apologise to anyone who was at the castle that day who was subject to their running battles - but they had a ball!!.



October Afternoon papers again, the border is an EK Success giant scallop punch and the title is a Sizzix die set called Go Go Boots.

4 comments:

Debbie H said...

Great layouts Jo

Debbie H said...

Great layouts Jo

Julia said...

Two fab pages!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that first layout! The patterned paper is so fun.
Today I felt like I had so much time that I should be able to do some art; yet, somehow, it never happened. Tomorrow is a holiday for us, and I'm hoping to make some time for art.
Rinda