Monday, 3 June 2013

It's Monday. What Are You Reading?



I have 2 books on the go at the moment.

I picked up the latest Norah Roberts book Whiskey Beach in the library. I haven't read one of hers for a while and was expecting it to go down her normal route of rugged lead male and a beautiful female interest. But this one is slightly darker and I'm quite enjoying it.


Eli Landon seems to have the perfect life. A beautiful wife, a wonderful house, a dazzling legal career. But when his wife is brutally murdered after confessing to an affair, Eli is named prime suspect - without a shred of evidence. After a year-long ordeal the case is dropped, but Eli's world is in tatters. Abandoned by his friends, hounded by the media and a detective with a grudge, Eli retreats to the small-town sanctuary of Whiskey Beach and Bluff House, his beloved grandmother's home by the sea. Bluff House has belonged to the Landons for generations and is the perfect place for Eli to regain his strength and rediscover his first love - writing. He is helped in his recovery by Abra Walsh - nurturing, courageous and a survivor herself. As Eli heals, he begins to open his heart to Abra, and for the first time, dares to dream of a future. But as Abra and Eli take their first steps towards each other, a dangerous enemy is watching from the shadows. An enemy determined to make sure Eli Landon will never have that 'perfect life' - whatever the cost...


For something much lighter I am reading The Art of French Kissing by Kristin Harmel mainly because I saw her name in the bestsellers list in my local library - I'm only a few chapters in and it is OK so far.


Ah, Paris, beautiful city of lurve. Who wouldn’t want to be young, free and living within a croissant’s throw of the Eiffel Tower? 

Emma Foley knows her stint working in Paris is going to be the time of her life. Who cares if her job as PR girl to crazy French rockstar, Guillaume, means she spends most of her time rescuing him from scandalous scrapes and fending off the paparazzi? The point is, she’s here to find love, and in sexy French reporter, Gabriel, she just might have hit the jackpot...

Pop over to The Book Journey and see what everyone else is reading today.

6 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I just can't seem to resist a Paris setting. Thanks for the share!

Here's my It's Monday!

Kathy Martin said...

I'm reading Whiskey Beach right now too. I always enjoy Nora Roberts' stories. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

Roses said...

I just received two Nora Roberts books from a friend. I hope you enjoy your books. I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares.

Anonymous said...

I love books with Paris or French settings in general. I really liked Le Divorce and also some French based memoirs.

Shazza said...

how can you read two books at once you crazy lady :-)
x

Jamie E. said...

I have read a couple of Nora Roberts books before, but not this one. I hope you enjoy it!
my Monday post