Wednesday, 26 October 2011

WOYWW 26th October

Not much happening on my desk today - but in my defence I have been out all day as I had to take Callum through to Aberdeen on the train for his first orthodontist appointment.

But being stuck in Aberdeen meant we could indulge in some retail therapy - along with KFC and Thorntons!!

I popped into Hobbycraft and spotted these cute little stamps - and at only £1.29 I bought a couple.



Maybe these will make it onto my Christmas cards this year.



Also popped into Paperchase and saw this kraft A5 ring binder - thinking about using it for this years Journal Your Christmas class - also bought kraft pages (only paper but might be able to do something with them and some divided display pockets. And finally a cute little kraft notebook - as I did sign up for the latest Create 10 class but as yet haven't done anything with the prompts.



It wasn't all shopping today - I did drag Callum into the Aberdeen Art Gallery to look at the Breathtaking exhibition which is described as a new wave in British glass blowing. Some of the pieces were amazing - a hand blown glass trombone - which actually works.

This exhibit was called Cook's Eggs by James Maskrey and features an imagined assortment of delicacies collected on Cooks voyages to Australia and New Zealand - the details was amazing.



Pop over and see Julia at The Stamping Ground to see what everyone else is up to today.

10 comments:

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Gosh a busy day but well worth it by the looks of things :)

sarahp said...

New stash mmmm always exciting to have. Love the funky jars to full of yummy stuff.
Thanks for sharing xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I know there was a god reason, but sounds like a pretty god day to me! Love the imagined details in the Cook's jars - what a great way to bring glass to life!

Kelly Luckett said...

Love the new stamps, having time to shop for new stash is always a bonus! Enjoy x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I had to google the Breathtaking exhibition as I love glass art. The little birds on top of the Captain Cook bottles were amazing. And I'd have loved to see the glass trombone as I'm a brass player :)
The twirly whirly Christmas tree stamp is going to get a lot of use, it's really pretty!
Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a great day you have had, and it would have been rude not to pop into Hobbycraft and buy something, wouldn't it? Those are lovely stamps. have fun with them.

Electra said...

Wow, the "Cook's Eggs" really IS amazing! Happy late WOYWWED!

Carin Winkelman said...

Those are some nice new supplies. My attention was drawn immediately to the butterfly stamps. What IS it about butterflies that makes me greedy?

okienurse said...

WOW busy day. Love all the stash you picked up and I am sure those Christmas stamps are just in time!! Love the jars of Cook's also...interesting. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

Joanne said...

What a wonderful day you had. Crafting goodies plus glass. I love all things glass after a wonderful trip to IOW glass some years ago.
Hugs Joanne xx