Monday, 17 October 2011

Pretty Paper Party






Today is the start of Shimelle's new class - it was announced at the end of this years Learn Something New Every Day class at a bargain introductory price - I snapped it up.

You may have noticed, I am rather fond of pretty paper. What you might not know is when I say ‘pretty paper’ aloud, it is almost always immediately followed by a wistful sigh. Pretty paper inspires me. It’s such a simple thing and yet such a fabulous bonus in life. Why yes, I do have significant gratitude for pretty paper. So much that this is all leading to a brand new online scrapbooking class.

If you are also a fan of such things, I invite you to a party. The Pretty Paper Party. A four week celebration of pasting pretty paper to other pretty papers in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Would you care to join me?


In today's prompt we were asked to describe what sort of paper person we are - I think I fall into the category of "The Collection Packer."

Craft long enough and one is
bound to learn the look of at least a few key paper
company styles. The discovery of one lovely sheet of
paper usually means there are another dozen patterns to
match. The Collection Packer loves to purchase and
create using those matching papers together, and finds
it hard to fathom why anyone might mix items from one
collection with items from another collection. Though
sometimes curious about the creative possibility,
Collection Packers stick to one product line on any one
project.


I am hoping this class will help me to overcome my fear of putting papers from differnet collections/manufacturers on the same page.

Shimelle also asked us to share a photo of our favourite paper. I haven't bought any new stash (my holiday purchases don't count!!) for a while but I have to admit October Afternoon remains a firm favourite of mine. But after looking around my craft room I think I might have a problem! It is all nicely sorted and organised - all by manufacturer and on the whole I know where stuff is.

My crop bag - full of paper.






















Pizza boxes sitting on the floor full of paper (one of which has my yummy holiday stash in!)
















A stack of Really Useful Boxes with paper in - and I think the stuff in the bottom one comes under the "why on earth did I buy that" catagory!























One sad little Really Useful Box with a bit more paper in.

3 comments:

Shazza said...

oooh I got an e-mail about this today Jo, think I'm gonna do it too. Great stash piccies x

furrypig said...

great to see we will be classmates! Looking forward to seeing how you get on xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

I have a box of "why" too!