Monday, 31 October 2011

It's Monday. What Are You Reading?









This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

Lat week I managed to read Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother by Sue Johnston which I thoroughly enjoyed and it made me decide that I really should read more autobiographies.

I then moved onto The Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg which I had noticed from Goodreads that my friend Kirsty was reading - I already had The Stonecutter in my library book pile after it was picked as one of the TV Book Club choices earlier in the year. I have now discovered that this is a series of books about Patrik Hedstrom and I have just read the 5th in the series but will certainly be back to read some of the other.

For a complete change of pace I have picked up The Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond. I keep getting a feeling of deja vu so am thinking I have read something similar earlier in the year. This is a nice light read and I am cracking along with it.



Evie Flynn has always been the black sheep of her family - a dreamer and a drifter, unlike her over-achieving elder sisters. She's tried making a name for herself as an actress, a photographer and a singer, but nothing has ever worked out. Now she's stuck in temp hell, with a sensible, pension-planning boyfriend. Somehow life seems to be passing her by. Then her beloved aunt Jo dies suddenly in a car crash, leaving Evie an unusual legacy - her precious beach cafe in Cornwall. Determined to make a success of something for the first time in her life, Evie heads off to Cornwall to get the cafe and her life back on track - and gets more than she bargained for, both in work and in love...

Pop over to The Book Journey and see what everyone else is reading today.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds good

Anonymous said...

Happy reading this week! The Beach Café looks like a great light read.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I read The White Tiger over the weekend, and it was very good - disturbing, well-told and thought-provoking. I think I'll start on March next.
Rinda