Armed with a recipe from this years Great British Bake Off winner Jo I decided as it was such a dreich day I would give them a whirl. The cake itself is really easy to make and I was chuffed with them when they came out of the oven - all golden brown and risen.
But the decorating is something else! I have got an icing set that I bought from Lakeland many moons ago but have never used. Made up a bowl of butter icing and the first problem is getting the damn stuff into the plastic tube - I am sure an icing bag must be far easier as it has a wider opening.
More practice it required I feel - don't think the local bakers shops have anything to worry about! This little pink one was the best of the bunch (I made the boys and their mates eat the misfits!!) There must be a knack to icing them neatly - and not pebble dashing half the kitchen with hundreds and thousands. Not quite in the same league as the ones Shimelle has featured in her new class which you can see in my previous post.
But for a first attempt I am quite pleased.
6 comments:
I think they look lovely - a great first attempt. Well done
Definitely looks like a bona fide cupcake to me! and the important thing is how long did it take the boys to demolish the misfits? five seconds? ten seconds?
They do look lovely :) I always struggle with decorating my cupcakes though, I can never get them to turn out perfectly pretty like Shimelle's!
they look fab Jo, look forward to doing a wee taste test for you at next crop perhaps??? LOL x
Well done, they certainly look delicious! Flighty xx
They look delicious. First attempt? Don't believe you...they look perfect :)
Post a Comment