
It is the 10th of the month so it is 10 Things over on Shimelles blog.
A recurring theme whilst we were on holiday was "planking".
"Planking" (or the "Lying Down Game") is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank. Rigidity of the body must be maintained to constitute good planking.
The kids had great fun finding different places to have their photo taken - giving the rest of us a good laugh 0 and getting some very strange looks from passers by!!
Here are 10 of the best:
In the corridor of the first hotel we stayed in:
On a bench at the Cherokee Indian village:
On the National Park sign as we entered The Smoky Mountains:
Not entirely sure Andy quite "got" the whole concept of planking;
Laura planking over the rapids:
Sam planking on the balcony at our cabin - please do not try this at home:
On the beach at Destin:
Callum planking on a cycle rack in Atlanta:
Callum planking at the Turnerfield baseball stadium in Atlanta:
Mass planking gone wrong in Uncle Will's rather posh hotel:
Happy memories!!
16 comments:
It looks as if you had a zany time on holiday! Lovely memories to keep.
Great photos - the one on they bicyle rack looks particulary uncomfortable! Also the final photo reminded me of when my brothers friends use to play "pile on" - similar to planking but in a group fashion.
Oh how fun. I live here! :) enjoyed ur planking ten. I giggled. A lot =)
Great photos there jo! What fun!
I think I heard about that once, but it hasn't made it to Beijing yet and I haven't heard my kids mention it. I could see them loving that challenge. Great photos! My favorite is on the silver thing at the baseball park.
That looks like so much fun. I hadn't heard of planking before. Is it popular enough that you see people doing it every once in a while? Do all the kids at your kids' school know about it? I'll have to ask my kids if they are familiar with it. So far, I haven't witnessed anyone in Beijing suddenly planking! Maybe we can start that trend here - sounds like something my boys would LOVE!
What fun!!!!! Super photos. :)
brilliant! this really made me me smile :)
I love this post it is such fun. Now where are you Jo in these planking photos ? ;)
I love these, really need to get my DS to have a go at this, would make a fab (and really random ) LO.
lol! That is a fab list of 10 things! Looks like they had a lot of fun :)
This was new to me too, it looks like so much fun though!! What a great list.
This is hilarious!!!
Thanks for the big smiles today.
Great post,
Rinda
Fun photos Jo :o) Planking doesn't seem to be a big thing around here.
Oh, what fun! A certain Tomboy would love to do this :)
Great photos, and a fun family activity! I love the one over the rapids. They're all fab! x
Post a Comment