A recent read was A Winter's Weddng by Sharon Owens. Wrong time of year to be reading a book about winter, but the cover appealed and she is a new author to me.

Emily loves Dylan.And Dylan loves Emily.Their relationship is rock solid.Everyone says they are meant to be together, it’s just a matter of when – not if – Dylan’s going to pop the Big Question.
There’s just one tiny fly in the ointment: Emily hates weddings. Which is fair enough seeing as she was jilted at the altar years ago by Alex, her supposed soulmate.Still, Dylan isn’t Alex.He’s gorgeous and sexy and scruffy and kind – and more than worth taking a chance on …
But what happens when the ghost of Emily’s Christmas past threatens to ruin everything? Can Dylan convince the love of his life he’s different and that their wedding day will be remembered for the right reasons?
After all, with a sprinkling of snow and a touch of magic in the air, there’s nothing quite like a winter’s wedding to warm the soul …
Going by the title of the book I was expecting a story based around a wedding including the lead up and planning of it so I was surprised when I found that the story had very little of that and in actual fact at the start of the book the main character Emily is single.
I loved reading how Emily and Dylan met and about how their relationship developed over time. I also enjoyed the relationship between Emily and her boss Arabella as it was different to most boss/employee relationships in a lot of similar books in the fact that the two of them are good friends. Throw in a couple of wacky parents and you have a great easy read.
Will certainly be reading more by this author.
3 comments:
Thanks Jo for the review of this book! I think I will put it on my list for Christmas! xxx
Hi Jo I am just returning your visit to News From Italy, thanks for the comment, hope to see you there again.
I am delighted to find you do book reviews and live in the UK. As an ex pat it is good way for me to keep in touch with what other Brits are reading :) I think you may well like the title I review yesterday having just read this review. I am off to find you on Goodreads now.
Great review Jo!
Post a Comment