We couldn't go too far from the house yesterday as hubby was waiting for his new laptop to be delivered. Of course it wasn't - it is sitting in Inverness 30 odd miles away! So a few phone calls and a refund of the delivery charges it will be delivered to his work on Monday fingers crossed.
So after all the jobs were done - and after making my first swiss roll for nearly 30 years (the last time was in home economics under the beady stare of The Soup Dragon aka Mrs LLoyd at school) I disappeared up to my craft room.
This first page was a sketch challenge which I spotted while blog hopping. It is the May challenge over on The Studio Challenges and you can see the sketch below. We only ever go to Baxters when we have visitors - it is obligatory to act like a tourist and go and eat pancakes. You can just about make out the legs of the stag sculpture behind Will, Sarah, Cal and Andy. The papers are from a bargain 6x6 paper pad of Amy Tangerine Sketchbook papers I picked up in TK Maxx recently. I also unearthed my supply of paper flowers - can't remember the last time I used any of them.
The next page is for this weeks challenge over on UKS. The brief was to use the sketch to complete a masuline page comlpete with flowers and an inking technique. This shot was taken of Sam and Andy sitting on the harbour wall at Crail - a beautiful little village over on the East coast. The papers are Origins by Basic Grey from another 6x6 paper pad. The banner stamp was a free gift with my last Scrapagogo kit and some "masculine" black flowers completed the page.

1 comment:
Nice use of orange to highlight the photo in the first one.
Rinda
Post a Comment