Sunday, 26 May 2013

UKS Weekly Challenge

I only looked at this weeks challenge late on this afternoon but as I was already at my crafting desk (making a card for a special birthday) I decided to give it a go. I have to say it was a super quick page to do. I used a Crate paper "Random" paper pad I picked up in TK Maxx for £7.99 - I love the grid sheet for the background.



Scrap Apples are pleased to have another opportunity to set the weekly challenge. 

Several of the team have had major events happening in their lives recently, including new homes, jobs, baby news, wedding vow renewals, exams etc so we would like an event to be a feature...whether your own event from any time or linked to an event that happened anytime in May in history.

It is always great to mix things up so rather than standard 6x4 prints please use alternative photos sizes

We all love our embellishments so we have gone for those starting with B...buttons, badges, bows, bling, beads and buttons...please use a combination of at least two from this list. 

So to recap:

1. A large event - 10 points
2. non regular sized photos - 10 points
3. A minimum of two from....bows, buttons, badges, beads, brads, bling - 10 points

My large event was getting my new car - I love her to bits and she is so much fun to drive (also not having to pay road tax and winning £2000 in petrol when I bought her also helps!!) I have scrapped a square photo - an Instagram one I had printed at Photobox. And for my embellishments I used buttons and bling - with a couple of butterflies thrown in for good measure.




1 comment:

Dawn said...

love your clean style. Does it make the page come together quickly? I need to try square photo, have got instagram but don't often bother with it.