We had a wander around the village of Aberlour. I am ashamed to say it is a place we normally drive straight though on our way down south.
We walked up to Linn Falls:
We then walked back down and along the river - and whilst we were walking we heard a splash. So we stopped and looked and was amazed to see a large trout navigating it's way up the River Linn. As we watched we saw a total of 4 salmon all trying to find their way through the stones in the shallow water. They must have swum up the Rover Spey and into the Linn in order to reach their spawning grounds. I was so pleased to have seen them as I have never seen Salmon in the wild before - one day I hope to see them leaping. You will have to look closely at the photos in order to spot the fish - but they are there - honest!!
Then we popped into a local cafe called Fresh for a coffee and the most delicious (and huge) fruit scone I have had - but neither lasted long!!
Finally I popped into a magical wool shop - I have never seen so many different sorts of funky wool - you can forget your balls of DK wool in single colours - this shop had a rainbow of the most beautiful balls of multicoloured wool. Now I'm not much of a knitter but the lady in the shop was so helpful and enthusiastic that I have come away with some wool to make a gorgeous lacy scarf - but whether or not I actually finish it is another matter.
On the way back to the car I spotted this stunning "shed" in a back garden - wouldn't it make a perfect craft room??
2 comments:
You went to Aberlour and you didn't visit the distillery? Shame on you! lol! Looks like you had a lovely day x
Your photos are fantastic, really high quality :)
Post a Comment