
This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
A bit of a slow reading week last week for some reason.
I am currently reading After The Party by Lisa Jewell which is the follow up to her earlier book Ralph's Party which I read recently.

Eleven years ago, Jem Catterick and Ralph McLeary fell in love. They thought it would be for ever, that they'd found their happy ending.
Then two became four, a flat became a house. Romantic nights out became sleepless nights in. And they soon found that life wasn't quite so simple any more.
Now the unimaginable has happened. Two people who were so right together are starting to drift apart - Ralph is standing on the sidelines, and Jem is losing herself. Something has to change. As they try to find a way back to each other, back to what they once had, they both become dangerously distracted - but maybe it's not too late to recapture happily ever after ...
I have to admit not particularly liking the main characters of Ralph, Jem and Smith in the first book so wasn't expecting great things from the follow up. But I have been pleasantly surprised- maybe because the writing seems a bit more down to earth and the storyline a bit more believable.
I am sure I have another book in my pile from this author - quite looking forward to starting it now.
Pop over to The Book Journey and see what everyone else is reading today.h
1 comment:
I want to read After the Party. I have a bunch of books going at once. A lot of them are library books that are due soon. Please come see what I'm reading.
Post a Comment