Saturday, 11 June 2011

Family x 12 Blog Hop : June

Welcome to this months hop - and I have to put my hand up and admit that I have failed miserably in my attempts to get the whole family together for a photo. You should have arrived her from Ruth.

Whenever I get the camera out (which is often) everybody groans - and then scatters!! Except one - and he was my subject in Shimelles 10 Things challenge earlier in the week.

So this week I will introduce you to the youngest member of our family - and the only one who will happily pose for me.

This is Callum (aged 10) just before he headed off into the woods with his Dad for a bike ride - he had been pestering to go out all week but by the time his Dad got home from work it was raining. So this evening he got himself all kitted up and ready to go - please note the shocking assortment of clothes he has on (I had no part in that!!)






























































I did also have an ulterior motive for taking these photos - my brand new 50mm lens had just arrived in the post and I was dying to try it out. I am quite pleased with the result but I think learning to zoom with my feet might take a bit of getting used to.

Thank you for visiting me and hope you enjoy the rest of your blog hop and Sharis is your next destination.

Margie

Melissa
Carol Anne
Ruth
Jo - you are here
Sharis
Patricia
MonicaB

PS - Next month will be better as we are off to the States soon for something of a family reunion and have been taking bets with my sister in law about who can take the most photos!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope they had a good ride! Grats on the new lens! :)

MonicaB said...

It's amazing how hard it is to get a photo of everyone. I know I struggle with this too. The pictures of your youngest look great!

Patricia said...

Ok. NO worries! I am curious if next month you will have a family picture! :)
Enjoy your camera and, by the way, the pictures were great!

furrypig said...

I don't think your son's outfit is too bad, my 10 yr old wears some shocking outfits sometimes if he is left t pick his own clothes! Mine also loves bike rides with his dad and gt a new bike for his bday last week

Margie S (Xnomads) said...

Your son is adorable. I surprise myself too how hard it is to get a family photo! Amazing, isn't it? It just makes doing this blog hop that much more important - eventually we will get it. Already, I know it has helped me on my recent family trip. We had gone to two other places in 2008 and didn't get any family photos while we were there! I love my 50mm. Your photos already look awesome. You'll get the zooming with your feet in NO time.

Melissa said...

What a great series of photos! I hope your trip to the states is filled with fun and lots of photos.

Carol Anne said...

When I pull my camera out, my eldest puts on her "camera face". The youngest tries to cover her face with her shoulders. Kids. They're so silly sometimes...