I recently made some more lemon curd the easy way - in the microwave and am sharing it here on Anthea's request.
Makes about 3lb.
200g (7oz) unsalted butter
700g (1lb 9oz) granulated or caster sugar
grated zest of 4-5 lemons
300ml (1/2 pint) lemon juice - about 4-5 lemons
300ml (1/2 pint) beaten eggs - about 4-5 eggs.
Place the butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl and microwave on full power for about 2 minutes or until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
Add the beaten eggs and continue cooking in 1 minute bursts and stirring each time, reducing to 30 seconds for each burst as the mixture thickens, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Strain through a sieve into a wide necked jug to remove the lemon zest and any cooked egg bits.
Simples! And once you have tasted home made lemon curd you will never again want to eat the fluorescent yellow stuff you can buy in the shops.
This recipe came from a fab set of Women's Institute cookbooks my Mum bought me ages ago - which I use loads.
5 comments:
ooh thanx for this i love lemon curd,
jo xxx
Oh I need to give this a go then add to muffins....mmmmm. x
Oh I might have to give this a go as I love lemon curd.
MMMMMM, love lemon curd. I think i will have to try this out.
I've made it the hard way and love it but this sounds like a great idea TFS
Post a Comment