Friday, 23 August 2013

Rocking Your World Friday 23rd August



Rocking Your World Friday is the moment to step back and take stock of your week, to work out the positives, the things that have made life more bearable and to celebrate these facts. Pop a post together, come back and link each Friday and let's share our positives around. It's a great therapy and stops life slipping through our fingers or spending too much time dwelling on the negatives. Not sure if it's for you - give it a go - you'll never know until you try!

This week has flown by.

I am mostly grateful for last week which I spent with my Dad. He drove up from the Cotswolds to Fort William and we stayed in a wonderful log cabin overlooking the Caledonian Canal with views out over Ben Nevis.

I only see my Dad once a year and I am grateful that my boys get to spend time with him.



I am grateful that we spent a few days in breathtakingly beautiful part of Scotland. We are going back (minus the children!) to do some proper walking. This is the view from the top of Aonach Mor.


But mostly I am grateful of the start of the new school academic year. That means that my house will look exactly how I left it when I return from work as it was when I left - before 2 teenagers have made a mess everywhere as they have been doing the holidays. This photo wasn't taken on the first day of term - I did take photos but forgot to put the memory card in the camera first - so I am grateful that Cal gave me another go.


And finally I am grateful that the Great British bake off has returned to our screens - only 7 weeks till I see Mary and Paul.


Please pop over to Virginias blog and see what everyone else has been up to this wee.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

So glad you had a fab week with your Dad. These times are precious

mamapez5 said...

Family time is so special, and what a beautiful place he lives in. It certainly looks a good lace for walking1 Have a great week. Kate x

Virginia said...

Oh having spent some significant time cleaning recently I sooooooooo get wanting to ensure that everything remains tidy!

Loving the photo of your Dad and the photos of Scotland such a beautiful place!

Crikey first days back at school we've still got a couple of weeks to go before that happens.

Hope you have a fabulous week ahead.

Hugs

Maria Ontiveros said...

This is an interesting meme that I"m seeing more and more. I like your take one it. Good on you for treasuring that time with your dad.
My daughter is back in school on Mondy, but my son won't start university until mid-Sept.
Rinda

viv said...

Glad you had such a great week.
The schools in England are starting back in another week. I expect there will be sighs of relief in many homes

Unknown said...

Glad you and the boys had such a great week with your Dad - and in such a lovley part of Scotland!

Carmen said...

my youngest two go back next week and my eldest, who will be starting 6th form, the week after. Believe me - this house ain't going to know what's hit it - honestly it looks like a crime scene most days at the moment. Saying that - it feels like these Summer Holidays have flown past this year!

having just come back from Drumnadrochit and having driven through or near the area you mention - I can so appreciate why you enjoyed it so much. (See my Rocking Friday post before this one) I miss it so much and when the kids are older I would love to go walking like that.

Have a great week :)