Sunday, 21 August 2011

Scrapbook Starting Points

Following on from one of Shimelles classes last weekend she has decided to do a regular starting point challenge on a Saturday.

The idea is that Shimelle gives a starting idea for a page and then we take it from there as follows:

It’s a take your pick challenge – you can enter by creating a page with either paint, hidden writing or trying this grey/turquoise/yellow/black colour scheme. And there you can win a prize. So consider the starting point a little kickstart toward that challenge perhaps!

Here is Shimelles starting point:




And here is mine:




And this is how it ended up:







I am really pleased with the overall effect. I managed colour challenge minus the yellow with these Amy Butler papers - I picked them up while I was in the States in a fab scrapbook clearance store I found with my SIL - I think they were about 25p a sheet! And the photo was taken on the balcony of our our lodge in The Smoky Mountain and the hidden journalling explains why I was drinking coffee instead of my usual cup of tea.

I even made a quick birthday card out of the scraps.



And the final billy bonus was that whilst I was hunting for those yummy Thickers (I have had them for several years and hoarded them as I thought they were too nice to use!) I came across a box of stash I had forgotten all about. So my motto will be "use it up" instead of keeping things and not using them - what is the point of hoarding stuff in boxes and never letting any of it see the light of day??

11 comments:

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous page! I love the colors and the feeling of serenity that photo evokes. Well done!

debs14 said...

I absolutely love the colours on this layout. Really lovely!

Shazza said...

this is fab Jo, great pic and are you going to share the secret of why you were drinking coffee???
x

Karen leonard said...

fabulous projects..I love the ideas that challenge you to get you started. And how lovely that you found a surprise box of stash! Karen

Sue Jones said...

FAB! Really wanted to join in but just didn't get chance in the end.

madelineas said...

Love the colors, great LO

CoventryAnn said...

Great LO and card, as I have these papers too they give me a bit of inspiration.

Unknown said...

I need to start doing that- I hoard my favourite things and then forget about them! I love that photo.

vixen said...

fabulous LO :)

Glen said...

Love it Jo. I love the colour combo of Shimelle's papers and I love yours. A great page. I know I have stash waiting to be re-discovered too...somewhere! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Sanna said...

like your page very much and the photo too..has kind of a mystery feeling to it :-)