
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! D This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
Read a fe cracking books over the past week and my current one is no exception. After reading an interview with Rowan Coleman over on Reabookreview I remembered that I had one of her books called The Happy Home For Broken Hearts in my library book pile. I haven't read anything by this author before but the cover looked appealing (which is probably why I picked it off the shelf in the first place!!)

Ellie Woods spends her days immersed in the escapist pages of the romantic novels she lovingly edits. But her reality is somewhat less rose-tinted. Once upon a time, Ellie had her ‘happily ever after’ moment when she married her beloved Nick, but fifteen years later her husband’s tragic death leaves her alone with their soon-to-become-a-teenager son, faced with a mountain of debt, and on the verge of losing the family home.
On the brink of bankruptcy, Ellie finally succumbs to her sister’s well-meant bullying and decides to rent out some rooms. And all too soon the indomitable Allegra with her love for all things lavender, Sabine on secondment from Berlin and estranged from her two-timing husband, and unreconstructed lads’ mag aficionado Matt enter her ordered but fragile existence – each with their own messy life in tow. And Ellie finds herself forced to step out of the pages of the romantic novels she hides behind, and learn to live – and love – again.
Maybe a new chapter is about to begin for them all…
I am thoroughly enjoying this book and can't put it down - I love all the characters and although I could spot the twist in the take coming and it has made me smile. Rowan has a new book which has just come out called Lessons In Laughing Out Loud and I will be keeping my eye out for that one too.
I have a few books due back at the library shortly so I will be reading those next - Heading Home by Katie Flynn and Never Too Late by Cathy Kelly.
Pop over to The Book Journey to see what everyone else is reading this week.
3 comments:
Rowan Coleman is definitely going on my TBR list. This book looks really good!
Th Happy Home book looks really good!
Sounds like a great book. I'll have to check out the author.
My monday post: http://booksinthesun.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-25-july.html
Post a Comment