
I have just read Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe which is the latest offering from Jenny Colgan.
I think I have read one of her before a long time ago - but after reading this one I will be looking out for more at my local library.
Ever dreamed of starting over? Issy Randall can bake. No, more than that - Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes. After a childhood spent in her beloved Grampa Joe's bakery she has undoubtedly inherited his talent. So when she's made redundant from her safe but dull City job, Issy decides to seize the moment and open up her own cafe. It should be a piece of cake, right? Wrong. As her friends point out, she has trouble remembering where she left her house keys, let alone trying to run her own business. But Issy is determined. Armed with recipes posted to her from Grampa, and with her local bank manager fighting her corner, Issy attempts to prove everyone wrong. Following your dreams is never easy and this is no exception. Can Issy do it?

This was a lovely feel good book with the added bonus of a cupcake recipe at the start of every chapter - what more could you want from a book? I instantly warmed to the main character of Issy and her trials and tribulations in setting up her own business. There is nothing earth shattering about this book but I do think it is chick lit at it's best - and I couldn't put it down.
2 comments:
Haven't read this one - It will be good summer reading for the hols. I love Jenny Colgan. Enjoy
I love everything about this book- synopsis, cover, and title!
Post a Comment