
This afternoon I sat out in the sunshine in my local park and finished my current book - and I have to say it was one of the better chick lit books I have read recently. (I have also reade the latest Adele Parks book called Men I've Loved Before but I'm afraid that wasn't worthy of a review!!)
The book in question was Pieces Of My Heart by Sinead Moriarty. I didn't read the blurb on the back of the book when I picked it up from the library as I have read this author before and always enjoyed her books. It tells the tale of a slightly dysfunctional (but amusing)family whose life is disrupted when the eldest teenage daughter is diagnosed as being anorexic. This should mean the book descends into doom and gloom - but it doesn't. It tells the serious story of the anorexic but it is peppered with funny incidents mainly from the other stroppy would be actress tennager daughter and Grandad who has moved his much younger Polish pole dancing girlfriend into the family home!!!

The modern woman is a Jill of all trades . . .
Ava is a wife, lover, mother, daughter, friend, fixer, boss … so many different people, in fact, she no longer knows what it means to be herself.
Not that anyone will let her – not her work-obsessed husband, nor her tearaway younger daughter, nor her out-of-control Dad, nor even her sassy-but-lonely best friend. There’s always someone wanting something from her.She’s trying to do her best for all of them but lately feels like she can’t make everyone happy. And that's before she discovers that her elder daughter Alison is in deep, deep trouble.
Can Ava keep a hold of the most precious pieces of her heart? And what will happen if she loses one?
I do like Irish chick lit authors - so if you like Marian Keyes, Patricia Scanlan, Shelia O'Flanagan then you will enjoy this one.
You can read more about this challenge here and see what everyone else is reading.
4 comments:
Sounds good- don't think I've read this author before. I had almost cleared my reservation list- but have found a few new ones to add today!
cant keep up with the good reads ur doing. just sent a FB friend request but forgot to do the BBFS bit sorry,
Jo xxx
I have accepted the request Jo - goo to "see" you!
I have recently become a bit obsessed with Irish writers- will have to check this one out!
Post a Comment