Friday, 14 November 2025

Letting Go of Yesterday by Jo Bartlett



Letting Go of Yesterday

Sometimes the only way forward… is to go back.

When Rowan Bellamy’s marriage collapses in spectacular style, she retreats with her two children, Bella and Theo, to the last place she ever wanted to return—her windswept Cornish hometown of Port Agnes. Taking the headteacher role at the local primary school is the easy part. Facing village gossip, curious neighbours, and old flames? Not so much.

Especially when one of those flames turns out to be Nathan Lark — the boy who broke her heart and the man who now has a reputation as bruised as her own. With his young nephew Leo a pupil in Rowan’s school, she and Nathan are thrown into each other’s lives once more. And whether she likes it or not, the chemistry between them is impossible to ignore.

As salty sea air begins to soothe old wounds and Port Agnes slowly feels like home again, Rowan must decide if she’s brave enough to let go of the past and open her heart one more time.

Purchase Link - https://mybook.to/LettingGoOfYesterday


What did I think?

I was excited that Jo has brought out a new series. I loved the Cornish Midwife and the Cornish Country Hospital - so I am really looking forward to this one.

This is a story of second chances in beautiful Cornwall as Rowan returns to her home town with her 2 children after the end of her marriage. I could sort of relate as my marriage broke down a few years ago and I have just moved to a new town (only 10 miles down the road) and bought myself a new place to turn into my home.

So for this reason I found this story quite an emotional read - but was really rooting for Rowan - especially when Nathan came on the scene.

I cannot wait to catch up with her journey in the next book.



Author Bio –

Jo Bartlett is the bestselling author of over nineteen women’s fiction titles. She fits her writing in between her two day jobs as an educational consultant and university lecturer and lives with her family and three dogs on the Kent coast.



Social Media Links – 

Facebook: @JoBartlettAuthor

Twitter: @J_B_Writer

Instagram: @jo_bartlett_author

Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/JoBartlettNews

Bookbub profile: @JoBartlett3






No comments: