Monday, 31 January 2011

Chick Lit Reading Challenge 2011 - Book # 3














My 3rd book for this challenge is Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.

Synopsis
Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true - a shopping friend for life! But it's trickier than she thought - two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping. She can create havoc everywhere from Harrods to Harvey Nicks to her own christening. She hires taxis at random, her favourite word is 'Mine', and she's even started bidding for designer bags on ebay. On top of everything else, there's a big financial crisis. People are having to Cut Back - including all of Becky's personal shopping clients - and she and Luke are still living with Becky's Mum and Dad. To cheer everyone up, Becky decides to throw a surprise birthday party - on a budget - but then things become really complicated. Who will end up on the naughty step, who will get a gold star and will Becky's secret wishes come true?

























This is the 6th installment of the popular Shopaholic series (one of them has been made into a film now I think) I haven't read all of the series but I think maybe Kinsella has gone as far as she can go with Becky. I found the main character of Becky very artificial and irritating - I felt I would like to give her a good slap!! If there is another book published in the series I can't see me reading it - the earlier books were a breezy light hearted read but this one just seem to plod along.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I still haven't read this one!! I need to!